Salary Range – £23,000 per annum to £27,000 per annum plus benefits – dependent on experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an immediate opening for an Accounts Administrator based at Silverburn, Glasgow. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, who is keen to gain experience and develop a career in
Shopping Centre Accounts administration services. The successful individual would become a key team member in our established and experienced Centre Management team.
As an Accounts Administrator you will play a crucial role in supporting the efficient and smooth functioning of
Silverburn’s Business Support department. You will work closely with the Business Support Manager assisting in administrative tasks, data management, and ensuring the overall effectiveness of daily operations. Your attention to detail, strong organisational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks will be essential in contributing to the success of the Business Support team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Support adhoc and accounting year end processes such as journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Support the Business Support Manager with the annual service charge audit.
- Match purchase orders with invoices.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Reconcile supplier statements, liaise with suppliers and our service providers on discrepancies/queries.
- Data input to calculate utility recharges to occupiers.
- Manage petty cash.
- Input into local budgeting and business planning when directed to do so by your line manager.
- Collate the sales figures from occupiers and support Retail Business Manager in production of sales reports.
- Reconcile the Silverburn Cares account.
- Manage and maintain office supplies.
- Manage the meeting room bookings, equipment and payments.
- Under the direction of Business Support Manager, carry out inductions, issuing of IT hardware and first line IT contact for outsourced IT relating to centre office management team.
- Ensure high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in processing invoices is essential.
- Previous experience in accounts admin is desirable.
- Experience in using accounting software is preferable. Training will however be provided on systems such as Dwellant, Tramps and any additional accounting software.
- IT proficient in MS Office applications (excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with various departments.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and provide valuable insights.
- Detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Team player with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with colleagues.
CV submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 5 January 2024.
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and the duties may be amended from time to time.
Workman LLP /FM will use your personal data to evaluate and respond to your application. This may result in us processing personal data which is classified as “special” under data protection legislation. Where this is the case, our basis for processing special category personal data is that it is in the public interest for us to ensure meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and reporting. For more information on how Workman
LLP/FM uses personal data and your rights in respect of your data, please visit the Fair Processing Notice on our website www.workman.co.uk
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Glasgow, G53 6AG (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Glasgow, G53 6AG: Relocate before starting work (required)