Our visitor guide
Whether you’re shopping with us, having a bite to eat or enjoying our leisure facilities, we want you to always feel at home at Silverburn. To make sure everyone enjoys their time with us, we have a few simple ground rules:
- Please keep an eye on any children or adults in your care.
- We will not allow intimidating, aggressive or derogatory behaviour of any kind towards other visitors, our staff or our retailers.
- We welcome all fashion choices but, if you’re wearing something with a hood, please make sure it is down when inside the centre
- Only guide dogs, assistance dogs and our patrol dogs are allowed in the centre.
- Shopping trolleys are only allowed in certain areas.
- No one likes a ‘litter bug’. Please dispose of your rubbish responsibly using the bins provided.
- Please don’t run in the centre – even if you’re in a hurry to snap up a bargain.
- We do not allow leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of third party interviews or surveys anywhere in the centre or associated areas, unless written permission has been granted from the centre management team.
- It’s against our rules to sell goods anywhere in the centre or associated areas, unless our centre team have given you permission.
- You can only busk in the centre if you have permission from the centre management team.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please don’t climb, stand or sit on balustrades, barriers, fencing or railing in and around the centre and associated areas.
- Whatever team you support, we don’t allow ball games of any kind in the centre– kicking, throwing or otherwise.
- Bikes, roller-blades, micro-scooters, skateboards and Heelys (or similar) are not allowed in the centre.
- Electric powered scooters, or similar motorised items other than approved Shopmobility equipment must not be used within the centre.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please do not climb on, or surf in, the lifts and escalators.
- Selfies are welcomed, but remember that Silverburn is private property, professional photography and filming is only allowed if permission has been granted in advance by the centre team. Filming, photography or sketching of the building’s infrastructure, or any members of staff, is not permitted under any circumstances. We retain the right to refuse photography, filming and sketching at any time.
- Tops and footwear must be worn at all times, unless you’re in a changing room.
- Motorcyclist crash helmets must be removed when visiting the centre.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is strictly forbidden in the centre, unless in our designated smoking areas.
- Alcohol must only be consumed within licensed leisure and food establishments and we encourage visitors to drink responsibly.
- Criminal damage or vandalism against centre property, or retailers, is illegal and we will inform the police.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone whose actions we feel are unsuitable and may have a negative impact on other customers, our colleagues and retailers.
Anyone who doesn’t pay attention to these rules will be asked to leave the centre.
Thank you to all our shoppers who make our destinations a lively and great place to visit.
We appreciate your support.