When it comes to delicious vegan dishes and vegan-friendly restaurants, we have it covered. Thanks to the popularity of Veganuary and the rise in the number of people going vegan, more and more restaurants and cafes have expanded their menu to include animal-free dishes and vegan versions of your favourite meals.
To help you discover where you can find vegan food at Silverburn, we’ve put together a guide of the top dishes for you to try on your next shopping trip.
1. For a filling lunch, head into Zizzi. Their vegan menu uses a vegan and dairy-free mozzarella alternative, which is made with coconut oil. For pizza lovers, try their Vegan Classic Margherita, or how does the Vegan Lentil Ragu with linguine and fresh oregano sound? They’re both perfect for a quick and comforting protein feast.
2. If you’re looking to get your energy levels back up after a few hours of shopping, head to Starbucks for a light bite. The Grilled Veg and Grain Salad Bowl features a medley of rainbow veg, from shredded carrots and pea shoots to chargrilled broccoli and red peppers. All served with a mouthwatering chimmichurri dressing. They also serve up some great dairy-free coffee.
3. At Auntie Anne’s, they have a special vegan pretzel menu so pretzel lovers don’t have to miss out. You can choose from a variety of flavours, including a cinnamon sugar pretzel – just make sure you order them without the butter.
4. YO! Sushi has plenty of offerings that focus on the power of plants. Why not try the satisfying Tofu Katsu Curry, served with a mild curry sauce, spring onions and steamed rice? This delicious meat-free alternative is definitely a must-try. And it’s been voted as ‘Best Vegan Curry’ by PETA!
5. Japanese dining includes plenty of dishes with vegetables as the main act, so Wagamama is a great choice for vegans as they have a whole menu dedicated to delicious meat-free dishes. Try the Yasai Samla Curry – a fragrant lemongrass and coconut curry with tofu, peppers and white rice – or get the tangy Yasai Pad Thai, but with egg-free noodles.