Terms and Conditions
Silverburn General Enquiries
0141 880 3200
Standard Terms & Conditions for Competitions and Prize Draws
1. By participating you agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions.
2. Open to residents of the mainland UK unless otherwise stated. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Silverburn, its agencies, owners or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion. Silverburn reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person.
3. Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted.
4. Only online entries via the channels promoted will be accepted. You must register with the Silverburn website and app to enter online competitions. Entries must be submitted as promoted by the closing date.
5. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified if discovered.
6. Winners will be selected by Silverburn or a co-promoter in a random draw within 5 days of the closing date from all valid and correct entries received.
7. Silverburn reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
8. For online entries: Silverburn cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and app and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or the website and app due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
10. Prizes must be collected from Silverburn. If any prize cannot be collected within the given timescale, Silverburn reserves the right to select an alternative winner or re-distribute the prize in a future competition or prize draw. Silverburn has no responsibility to anyone who has not collected the prize and no compensation will be due.
11. If we require a response before we award any prize and no response is received after we have made reasonable efforts to make contact, Silverburn reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to someone else. Silverburn has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded and no compensation will be due.
12. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except when in the event of circumstances outside of its control Silverburn reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold.
13. Silverburn has arranged this Promotion in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the Promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
14. Silverburn reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Silverburn suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results or has acted unethically in any other way.
15. If we require a response before awarding any prize and no response is received within a reasonable period of time, Silverburn reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and will award the prize to a substitute winner.
16. In the event that Silverburn wishes to contact you in connection with your entry we will do so via an email ending in shopsilverburn.com or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from Silverburn but using a different suffix should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to email@example.com for verification. Please do not respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from Silverburn. If you are in any doubt please contact Marketing.
17. Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. Silverburn may publish first name, surname initial, age and/or town/city in printed or digital communications.
18. Winners entering via Silverburn’s Facebook page or Twitter feeds will be notified via same medium and agree to their full name or other moniker being announced online and reasonable additional publicity.
19. For information regarding the names of the winners (and, if applicable, their winning entries) email Marketing quoting the name of the prize draw or competition. Unfortunately we are unable to return any entries sent to us by post.
20. Any images on the website and app are for illustration only.
21. The judge’s decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
22. The laws of Scotland apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the Scottish courts only.
23. Standard terms & conditions to be read in conjunction with specific terms and conditions available on each web page. Specific T&Cs take precedence where the two sets diverge. Hammerson PLUS App – new launch promotion
Customer terms and conditions
1.Hammerson PLC is the operator (the “Operator”) of the Silverburn PLUS App (the “App”), which provides news, offers and information about the Operator’s Silverburn shopping centre (the “Centre”).
2.In connection with the Operator’s relaunch of the App, the Operator is running a promotion (the “Promotion”) that can be enjoyed by any person who has downloaded and registered to the App prior to [11th September]
3.Under the terms of the Promotion, each customer who downloads and registers his/her details on the App is entitled to one reward (the “Reward”) of a Free Frozen Yogurt from YUP (the “Retailer”), provided that these terms and conditions are complied with.
4.To take advantage of the Promotion customers will need to download the App onto their Apple or Android smartphone from the Play or Apple app stores, and register their name, title, contact email address and date of birth. This data will be used by the Operator for its internal marketing and business purposes only and will not be shared with any third party.
5.After downloading the App and registering their details, customers will be entitled to visit the Retailer between [15th August 2016 to 11th September 2016] (subject to the Centre opening hours) and claim the Reward. To claim the Reward customers will order a frozen yogurt from the Retailer and, at payment, will use their phone to scan the QR code presented to them by the Retailer. The Reward cannot be claimed if the customers does not scan the QR code.
6.Only one Reward can be claimed per registered customer (based on the details registered by that Customer in the App).
7.The Promotion is subject to availability of Rewards and Rewards will only be given to customers while Retailer stocks last and subject to the timescales of the Promotion.
8.The App and downloads of the App, including downloads covered by this Promotion, are governed by terms and conditions of the App (the “App T&Cs”) and the App T&Cs continue to apply to all downloading and use of the App and take precedence should there be any discrepancy between these terms and conditions of the Promotion and the App T&Cs.
9.By downloading the App and registering to take advantage of the Promotion in accordance with these Promotion terms and conditions, customers will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10.To the extent the Operator is permitted by law, the Operator will not be liable for any technical issues associated with the scanning of the QR code by the user or for the Retailer’s lack of available stock and the customer agrees that s/he has no claim against the Operator in the event of any such issues arising.
11.There is no cash alternative for the Reward and the Reward is non-transferable and non-refundable save at the Retailer’s discretion.